Build days are flexible
- If you like to be "hands on" with adding content we reserve time on the day to teach you that.
- If you prefer it "done for you" we tend to start before the day saving enough time for final revisions.
- If you have a more complex project we treat days as a project milestones.
- If you want to appoint someone in your company to represent you that is not a problem.
They're rarely just about the one day and as much about the advance preparation.
Why build days?
We feel great website design develops over time as we learn what real visitors want. With build days we hope to give you the flexibility to launch a site and reserve some budget to adapt and improve as needed.
We'd like to be an available and trusted ally in your longer term journey. This feel right in a world where technology, marketing and even visitor behaviour is always changing.
How it works
questions you might ask
There's no single answer. The best performing websites are often simple. They employ well tested and easy to implement layouts and functionality that stylishly present the message to a visitor. With a pragmatic approach it is possible to build even complex product stores in a day. Generally, we think of a one day build as being suitable for simple 5 - 10 page sites. Of course more you can do to prepare, the more we can do.
We do everything online and much depends on the project. If you are working with us on the day we are likely to have a conference call first where we can walk you though what we have set up. In that way we can show you the basics of adding content to pages.
Sometimes much of the styling is in place beforehand. Sometimes we are doing more styling on the day. Before the day begins we will have already had communication about the design.
There are a few options:
- If your booking is 14 days away you can cancel and get a refund.
- You can appoint someone in your place.
- You can give us your brief and content so we can continue.
- If there's no brief or content we will do our best and make you a video on how to add content.
We tend to work with smaller business who have less stakeholders and can make use of our flexible approach. Although we try to keep things as non technical and straightforward as possible we do need you to be prepared to communicate online:
- If you require an online meeting (we use Zoom) your computer needs a microphone. We share our screen with you so the telephone is not used.
- To communicate before a build day we add you to a project management system (we use Asana) to organise email contact for you to send content.
Everything is straightforward, but we have encountered people who are fearful of any technology. If this is you we suggest you get support or have someone represent you.